Monday, April 18, 2011

Thankful for the little things...

Mason and I went for a walk at Lake Hefner today because the weather is wonderful!!!  As I was walking I felt like the Lord convicted me a little... Since my Mom left to go back home I count down the days until the next time she will be here.  I have felt a little lonely during the day while Bryan is at school...I am so ready to back in Texas and close to family. 

However, today as I was walking I felt like the Lord was saying be thankful for what is right here right now.  So....here are 10 things about being in OKC that I am thankful for today.

1. I am thankful that there is a place like Lake Hefner to take a walk with my baby.
2. I am thankful for the nurses and doctors at Integris Baptist Medical Center.
3. I am thankful for the sweet OKC friends who supplied us with meals for almost three weeks!
4. I am thankful Cuppies and Joe...my favorite cupcake place:)
5. I am thankful for the time Bryan and I have had away from family to establish our marriage and figure out this parenting thing!:)
6. I am thankful that moving to OKC has strengthened my faith.
7. I am thankful for Dr. Huff.
8. I am thankful that OKC is only four hours away from SS.
9. I am thankful for Henderson Hills Baptist Church and the Humphreys Flock!
10.  I am thankful for my sweet students at Deer Creek!

Below are a few pics of our walk:)











1 comment:

  1. And I think as we are thankful, we realize the little things aren't little at all! Gratitude is the means to joy. Love you!

    ReplyDelete