Sunday, April 10, 2011

New Beginnings...

Today is my first blog post ever!!!  I have been inspired by so many of you who blog that I thought I would try it out myself.  I pray that you will be encouraged and blessed by the following story...

On March 13, 2011 Bryan and I were blessed beyond belief by the birth of our son, Mason Greggory White.  Mason was scheduled to be here on May 5th but the Lord had other plans...BIG plans!  On March 9th, at just 32 weeks,  I started experienceing  pre-term labor.  What started out as mild contractions turned into severe pregnancy complications that ultimately placed Mason and I in danger.  I developed Pulmonary Edema, which is where your lungs fill up with fluid.  My lungs were 80% full of fluid and I was unable to breathe on my own without oxygen.  On the morning of March 13th I was one step away from being on a ventilator.  At this point it was safer for Mason and for me to go ahead and have an emergency c-section.

As the doctors explained to Bryan and I the risks of me undergoing this type of surgery with my oxygen levels being so low we began to realize the seioursness of the situation.  As if we were not scared enough, the doctors made Bryan sign off for me to get a central line in case my lungs collapsed.  A central line would allow them to get medicine directly to my heart. You can imagine how we were both feeling at this point.I don't think you're supposed to experience things like this until you have been married for at least 30 or 40 years. HA!

Despite how fearful we were the Lord was at work in a might way!!! I would like to share a few personal moments that occurred before I went into surgery.  The doctors told me that in order to not wake up on a ventilator I had to breathe on my own for about 20 minutes...not knowing if I could do this and on the verge of completely breaking down I heard the Lord's voice among many other voices in my crowded ICU room.  He said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness..."-2 Corinthians 12:9.  This became the verse that I repeated over and over in the OR.  Bryan had a moment alone before he entered the OR as well.   He shared with me that while he was praying he felt an overwhelming feeling to just surrender.  At that moment he said he surrendered Mason and I completely to the Lord and felt an amazing peace. 

At exactly 10:51, I delivered a 6 pound 5 ounce baby boy while breathing for 20 minutes on my own.  The Lord is always faithful!!  Due to the severity of this situation, my doctor has advised me that it would probably be extremely risky for me to get pregnant again.  The Lord has spoken to our hearts for a long time about adoption and this just confirmed that the Lord is present and working in our lives.  He gave us a precious gift by allowing us to have Mason and now we will have the opportunity, hopefully, to glorify him through adoption.

Even though this journey has been hard, Bryan and I are so grateful because we saw the Lord move and work in our lives in a mighty way.  He has given us a whole new direction and path and we will be forever grateful!

This is my favorite picture of him from the hospital.  He was free of all IV's and feeding tubes and he looks so peaceful...finally!!

Finally home as a family of 3:)


Spending time with Honey and Daddy G:)





13 comments:

  1. Beautifully written. God glorified. What every part of this life is for. Blessings sweet child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a precious story Natalie. I'm so glad God is using you to witness to a countless number of people through your blog and Facebook. You are a wondrous example of God's love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie that was beautiful! You had me in tears! What a blessing sweet baby Mason is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blog world! So glad God chose to use you as an example of how great His love really is for us. So happy that both you and Mason are happy and healthy and thriving at home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it! and i'm so glad you created a place to share your testimony of God's grace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is GOOD! Glad y'all are doing well! Congrats on Mason! He is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful testimony, Natalie. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Natalie! I am SO SO glad to know that you are joining the blogging world! We can all benefit from your stories of faith! I am SOOOOO happy for you and your family of three! Mason is precious! I have been following you on facebook since you announced you were pregnant! Thank you for letting us be a part of your journey and to come alongside you in prayer when you needed it most! I can't wait to see more pics of your sweet family! You look amazing... motherhood certainly suits you! :) Hope you are enjoying every minute of this sweet friend!! So we're fair... you can check out our little man on our family blog, www.katieandjustincox.blogspot.com :)

    Love you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Natalie! wow, what a story and amazing testiment to God's grace and provision. We are so happy to hear you and baby Mason are healthy. Excited to follow your blog, too! love, Kambry and Brian :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful story! I've been following your journey since Mason was born, but had no idea of the scary time just before! So grateful for God's protection over you all. Your family was so precious to us in SS, and Brian's mom worked for my dad for many years--we love Candy! What a beautiful heritage you both--and now Mason--have! Oh, and btw--Jody and I both think your little man looks like your dad. :) Love and Blessings to you all!! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Natalie, I absolutely love this!!! Thank you for sharing your journey of faith:) What a lovely family, and your beautiful blessing, Mason!!! I can't wait to see you all:)
    Luv ya big,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  12. welcome to the world of blogging. i am so glad that i found your blog on facebook. i loved reading your story and the story of God's faithfulness during your delivery. your mason is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful testimony, Natalie! God's gift of children is wonderful whether they are home-made or hand-picked. Won't it be exciting to see what the future brings? Your precious, Mason, is adorable. I hope you are doing well. Blessings to your lovely family.

    ReplyDelete