Friday, July 8, 2011

Growing...

"When you seek my face, put aside thoughts of everything else. I'm above all and in all..." -Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Lately it seems that the above quote is impossible for me to live out!!!  I have never done well with change!  Actually, it makes me extremely anxious and at times, insecure.  As excited as I am about moving back home, I am also nervous because it is yet another change.   In the past weeks I feel as if I have let my insecurities get the best of me.  My worries and thoughts about this change have been so selfish and petty at times.  However, the Lord is always faithful to remind me what is really important.

On Monday evening Bryan's Grandmother, Mrs.Pat White, lost her battle with cancer and went to be with the Lord.  Bryan and I have both lost our Grandmothers to this disease in the past six months.  As Bryan and I were driving to Mt. Vernon Monday evening we both prayed that through Memaw's death the Lord would be glorified and lives would be changed.  I cannot tell you how neat the past couple of days have been...I have grown closer and feel more connected to Bryan's family in a way that can only come from the Lord. 

As we celebrated Memaw's life on Thursday the message was so simple yet so profound...Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your life.  As I sat there and thought about my life and my walk with the Lord I realized how off task I have been lately.  I have been worrying about the most ridiculous things instead of waiting on the Lord.  He has a plan for me in Sulphur Springs...He has a plan to use me to further His kingdom and bring glory and honor to Him.  How easy it is to forget this and miss out on HIS plan because of my own selfish desires and insecurities.

I am so thankful for Bryan's MeMaw...she was a beautiful lady who had a gentle spirit and kind heart.  I am so thankful for her life and that the Lord used her as a testimony to HIS love even in her death.  What a joy it is to know that Bryan's Memaw and my Mimi are together with Jesus and completely healed and that we will both see them again!

3 comments:

  1. you are so right--God has purpose! i think when it seems like He is only doing one thing, the reality is that he's doing a thousand things...it's neat when He pulls back the curtain for us to have a glimpse. love this! praying for you guys and praying for you as you are dealing with these changes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nat, this is just what I needed. My two boys and I are moving in with my parents during the week so I can start a new job at A&M-Commerce. Kyle is staying in Ft. Worth in our house so he can stay at his job. A long-distance marriage will definitely be difficult! Thank you for the encouragement and reminder about God's love for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nat,
    I love you! You don't have any idea how much you do just by being yourself and the genuine love that just flows from you. You are real, loving and non judging and mostly it shows how much you trust and love the Lord. I am so proud that you are a part of our family.
    Lynn (aka "nana")

    ReplyDelete